The New Americans Campaign: 10 years strong
The New Americans Campaign (NAC) was launched in July 2011. The NAC is a diverse nonpartisan national network of respected immigration organizations, legal services providers, faith-based organizations, immigrant rights groups, foundations and community leaders. The NAC offers the programs and resources necessary for eligible residents to achieve the dream of U.S. citizenship. In July 2021 the NAC completes ten years and would like to take this opportunity to celebrate the achievements of the partner network, thank our funders and supporters, and celebrate all the LPRs whom we had the privilege of helping in their naturalization journeys over the past ten years.
Since 2011, working with a powerful network of over 200 non-profit partners across the country, the Campaign has:
- Generated over 500,000 naturalization applications
- Saved over $456 million dollars to LPR communities through reduced fees and fee waivers
- Completed over 169,000 requests for fee waivers and reduced fees
- Conducted more than 8,700 group processing workshops
Attaining citizenship has a profound impact on people’s lives. It not only brings them increased economic opportunities, the ability to reunite with their families, travel freely, and have the same civic rights as all other citizens of the country, it also brings a real sense of belonging for many people who have lived and worked hard in the U.S. for many years.
On the occasion of the New Americans Campaign 10th anniversary we asked our Campaign partners, funders, and clients to tells us about the impact our wonderfully successful naturalization collaborative has had on people’s lives. Watch this video for a glimpse into those conversations.
Video created by 4Site Studios. We are grateful for the participation of:
- Edith Mkhitarians, Catholic Charities – Los Angeles, CA
- Eric Cohen, Immigrant Legal Resource Center – San Francisco, CA
- Eva Grove, Board of Directors, Immigrant Legal Resource Center – San Francisco, CA
- Jackie Colon, NALEO Educational Fund – Orlando, FL
- Josephine Kalondji, assisted by NAC partner International Rescue Committee – Dallas, TX, in her naturalization application
- Melissa Rodgers, former Director of the New Americans Campaign – San Francisco, CA
- Monica Contreras, International Rescue Committee – Turlock, CA
- Pablo Blank, CASA – Rockville, MD
- Riva Castro, assisted by NAC partner Asian Law Alliance – San Jose, CA, in her naturalization application
- Shehnaz Reza, assisted by NAC partner Indo-American Center – Chicago, IL, in her naturalization application
A glimpse at the past 10 years of the NAC: Please click on the arrows to scroll right on this timeline to learn more about the NAC and the collaborative’s achievements.
July 2011July 2011July 2011July 2011August 2011May 2013March 2014February 2016May 2016July 2016November 2016December 2016December 2016March 2017April 2017July 2017October 2017January 2018January 2018March 2018March 2018February 2019July 2019December 2019April 2020
- Citizenship Ambassadors: Peer-to-Peer Outreach for Non-Profit Naturalization Programs > View
- Comprehensive Guide to Remote Citizenship Services: Lessons from the New Americans Campaign Virtual Review Pilot >View
- State Government Guide to Promoting U.S. Citizenship and Facilitating Naturalization >View
- Fundraising for Non-Profit Naturalization Programs > View
Support our work
Please join us in helping lawful permanent residents attain the protections that citizenship brings and secure a brighter future in the United States. Please DONATE here.