The New Americans Campaign is delighted to share the news that 54 of our partners in California, as well as two national partners, will receive One California Immigration Services grants. The One California program, funded by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), is granting more than $43.8 million in 2019 to 101 nonprofit organizations that provide essential and important legal safeguards to immigrants and refugees.
The grants support the following legal services:
- Naturalization assistance to protect green card holders from deportation.
- Legal assistance to DACA recipients, and other undocumented Californians that hope to remedy their immigration status.
- Removal defense assistance to prevent deportation of immigrants, including US veterans and immigrants post-conviction.
- Education and outreach to immigrant communities.
- Legal training and technical assistance.
For a complete list of grantees, click here.
Congratulations to our partners and all the other grant recipients that provide this valuable aid to California’s most vulnerable residents.