Over Half of 2019 One California Grants Awarded to NAC Partners
The New Americans Campaign is delighted to share the news that 54 of our partners in California, as well as two national partners, will receive One California Immigration Services grants. The One California program, funded by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), is granting more than $43.8 million in 2019 to 101 nonprofit organizations that provide essential and important legal safeguards to immigrants and refugees.
The grants support the following legal services:
- Naturalization assistance to protect green card
holders from deportation.
- Legal assistance to DACA recipients, and other
undocumented Californians that hope to remedy their immigration status.
- Removal defense assistance to prevent
deportation of immigrants, including US veterans and immigrants
- Education and outreach to immigrant communities.
- Legal training and technical assistance.
For a complete list of grantees, click here.
Congratulations to our partners and all the other grant
recipients that provide this valuable aid to California’s most vulnerable